Saturday, November 7, 2015

There should be perks...

For anyone who actually enjoyed Bourne to Love Emma enough to follow me while I work on other books, there should be perks of some kind, right?  Right!

Today, I offer you one of my favorite scenes from the first half of Fighting for Heather:



I gasped as his tongue thrust between my lips and possessed my mouth.  He stroked his tongue over mine, circling it and sucking it into his mouth as he rocked his hips against me.  I slid my arms around his back and pressed myself against him.  His teeth scraped over my bottom lip and I moaned into his mouth.

His right hand gripped my waist, just above the top of my jeans, his thumb stroking under the edge of my shirt.  I arched into him, rubbing my breasts against his chest, pressing my belly harder against the hardest part of him.

He pulled back from the kiss, burying his face in the side of my neck and releasing my hair.  His hands slid down my back and stopped just short of grabbing my ass.  I turned my face just a tiny bit into the side of his neck and took a quiet sniff.  God, he smelled good.  Something sharp and clean mixed with the heat of a man…. 

He took a small step back and slid his hands back to my waist.  I tucked my fingers just barely into his front pockets…to keep him close.

“My name’s John Winters.”

“Heather Jackson.”  I worked really hard to keep a smile off my face.  Introductions probably should have happened before his tongue was in my mouth.

“I’ve wanted to do that since the first time I saw you,” he said, rubbing his thumbs in small thought-scattering circles on my belly. 

“I’ve wanted you to do that since the first time you saw me.”  I leaned up on my toes and pulled him toward me for another kiss.  He kissed me gently but pulled back when I would have deepened the kiss.

“Heather.  I want to take you to dinner.”

“John.  I don’t need dinner.  I just need you….”  I leaned up again, but this time he used his hands on my waist to keep me from reaching him.  To say I was confused was one hell of an understatement.

“I want to take you on a date – buy you dinner.”

“You don’t have to do that –.”  His hands cupped my face and he pressed his fingers to my lips.

“I want to do it.  I want to spend time with you, get to know you…find out what makes you tick.”  He cocked his head to the side just a little in the most endearing way.  And that made my heart speed up in a dangerous way.  Warning bells were ringing.  He slid his hand to my cheek so I could answer him.

I shook my head.  “I don’t do dates.  I don’t do ‘getting to know you’ or relationships….” 

His eyes were dark and serious as they stroked over every part of my face before settling on my eyes.  

He nodded his head.  “I understand.”

“You do?”

“Yeah.  I used to be that way, too.  Not worth the risk, right?  The thing is…there’s risk no matter what.  So much risk.  Why not take that risk with someone who’s actually worth it instead of some faceless, mindless fuck?”

I just stared at him, my brain trying to figure out exactly what he was trying to say.  He ran his fingers down my cheek, leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips.

“Don’t misunderstand me, Heather.  I want a whole lot more than dinner.  I want your mouth on me, I want to watch your eyes dilate and darken when I sink all the way into you the first time, I want to fuck you so hard you can’t walk straight.”  He paused, his fingertips stroking down my throat to where my pulse was pounding at the base of my neck.  “But I want to know you when I do all of that.”

He kissed me again.  “Just…think about it.  I’ll see you soon.”  He turned and walked out of the hallway and out of the bar.


What the hell just happened?

~~Fighting for Heather~~  MKP (c) 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment