Wednesday, November 25, 2015

THE END


Those are the two words I just typed in Fighting for Heather.  Two little words - six letters separated by a space - that evoke such emotion!

I'm happy to be done with that book.  I'm a little sad that John and Heather didn't get an 'epic' novel - that I couldn't spend more time in the in-between time with them.  They were such special people and I've gotten used to them living in my head lately.  I'm excited and nervous and a little sick at my stomach while I wait for my alpha readers to make their way through the first draft.  I'm exhausted - my Fitbit has informed me that I have not hit my sleep goal in over a month (which is basically how long this book has been dragging me along) so I'm hoping to actually hit seven hours tonight since I'm not the one cooking the turkey tomorrow.

I'm taking tomorrow off.  Maybe not TOTALLY off since NaNoWriMo is still going on - I promised myself I'd meet or beat my goal every day this month, so that should include tomorrow.

Friday, I'm hoping the first round of edits will begin.  Lots of wine, people, lots of wine.  In reality, it will probably be beer.  Don't judge me.

If things go my way and there isn't anything terrifyingly broken in the book, betas might have it in their inboxes before the month is over.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thank you and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment