Monday, November 30, 2015

24 Hours!

Final edits have been reviewed and changes have been made to Fighting for Heather.

I was unexpectedly lucky to have a new beta reader who had personal experience that shined a light on some moments in the book that might have been worse had they not been adjusted before publishing.  I am so thankful for that!  I have loved getting to know Heather and John and I want people who read their story to love them, too.

When I was in the last days of writing Bourne to Love Emma, I had a decent outline of how Fighting for Heather would go.  Heather and John had a completely different plan for their book and the outline was scrapped early on.  As a new writer, that possibility never occurred to me and I still struggle knowing how to deal with the feeling that my own plan for my book isn't working and having to throw out my plans and start over.  It's a lot like I imagine having multiple-personalities may feel - this is my book but I can't write it the way I wanted!  Very strange!

As an aside - and perhaps an apology - I hadn't planned on writing Heather and John's story.  As Heather became a more central character in the first book, I started to realize she needed her own story.  Unfortunately, Bourne to Love Emma was nearly finished and it was published as the first book in the R.E.D. Operatives series.  For that reason - because I didn't have a plan in place when I started writing it - the majority of Fighting for Heather occurs in the past, before Emma's story takes place.

I hope that won't frustrate you as a reader!

The book is in review on Amazon right now and should be available to purchase - $0.99 or FREE on Kindle Unlimited - sometime tomorrow!

I hope you love reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment