Saturday, December 5, 2015

Speechless!

Sales on Bourne to Love Emma lagged after a couple of weeks post-release.  I was hopeful that it would sell more after I released Fighting for Heather.  While working on some things right after FfH released last week, I thought about the KDP promotional opportunities.  I can't do a Kindle Countdown Deal because the book must be priced over $2.99 regularly and mine aren't.  But - BUT - I have the option to make a book free for five days or less during any 90 day period on KDP Select.

I thought it might encourage people to read the first book and maybe buy the second one....

When I first looked at the sales numbers yesterday, a little over a hundred copies had been given away.  That's well over the number I've sold on my best day.

By mid-afternoon, over three hundred copies had been given away.  By dinner, that number was over 450.

The final number for the first day it was offered for free:  FIVE HUNDRED SEVENTY ONE.

Holy crap.

Obviously, the down side of all of that is that I make nothing off of giving books away for free.  The up side:  visibility, name recognition, repeat business if they enjoyed it....

I am keeping this in mind as I work on my next book.  Perhaps Fighting for Heather will be free for a couple of days around the release of the third book in the series.

I never imagined that many people reading my first book.  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment