Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Nail biting... and Teaser Tuesday

It's so exciting when the book goes live and you actually see it on Amazon and you can look at a report that shows it's been purchased.  It's this kind of incredibly surreal moment - something I wrote about people who only existed in my head is now being seen by other people.  Insane!

Then there's the days that follow.  The worry that people won't like what they read.  The wondering if  you should have rewritten more of the book - if the characters should have met differently or if you didn't spend enough time making them three-dimensional.

I got a new 5 star review for Bourne to Love Emma this morning and the reviewer was so excited to find out that Fighting for Heather had just been released....  The two books are so different - at least as far as what the main characters want and the obstacles they have to face.  If someone loved one, will they love the other?  Did I push Heather and John's characters too far outside the 'norm' for contemporary romance?

Argh.  I think I need to unplug for the rest of today.  I have a story in my head that needs to be written and I can't focus on it when I find myself wandering through Amazon and Goodreads and Facebook.  :p

Time to get back to adulting!

Here's the teaser I posted this morning for anyone not following me somewhere else:

No comments:

Post a Comment